Take the Party Smart Promise and use it to keep yourself and others safe where ever and when ever you go out!
Arrive Together – Before You Go Out:
- Choose a friend or group of friends to go with.
- Make a plan for where you’re going and who you’re meeting
- Decide how everyone will get home. Have a backup plan in case of emergency.
- Choose a code word or signal to let each other know when something isn’t right.
- Let a trusted person know where you will be.
- Charge your phone.
- Download Circle of 6
Stick Together – While You’re There:
- Keep an eye on your group. Check in with each other throughout the night to make sure everyone is feeling good and having fun.
- Always get your own drink and keep an eye on it at all times.
- Never leave a drink unattended.
- Be an Active Bystander.
Leave Together – When the Party is Over:
- Never leave a member of your group behind. Remember: No “buddy” left behind.
- Don’t let an intoxicated friend go home with a stranger. If you wouldn’t let your friend drive drunk, don’t let them leave with a stranger drunk.
- Check in to make sure everyone got home safe. If you can’t reach one of your group members, get help.
- If someone at the party/bar/club behaved in a way that made you or others feel uncomfortable or unsafe, talk about it. Support others who bring up these issues.